- Includes 6 LEGO City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, a launch director and a ground personnel technician; it also includes a figure from a robot.
- It consists of a modular multi-step rocket based on those developed by NASA that can be customized in different ways with propulsion modules, payload and cockpit for 2 minifigures; it also contains a cross with articulated arm with clamping function (new in June 2019), a space telescope with folding solar panels and magnifying glass, as well as a monorail system with several stops along the way and 2 carriages.
- The detailed toy set includes a Control Center with detachable window, 2 tables with small monitors, large screens for both the countdown and for telescope monitoring and space to insert a mobile device, as well as a tower launch pad equipped with folding arms to launch the rocket and a terrain research area with a tile decorated with a secret symbol.
- Accessories included: 2 geodes (new in June 2019), 2 helmets with blue visors, a magnifying glass, a scanner, a tile with a secret symbol, a disc saw, a wrench, a mobile phone, 4 elements representing water and a camera, as well as a brick separator.
- Lower the barriers to stop the monorail carriages on the way and help passengers up and down.
- Point the robot scanner at the research area tile to see the secret symbol.
- Place a mobile device in Control Center to use the interactive game options available when connecting it to the LEGO City Explorers app.